A tradecard or printed signboard for caricature publisher Henry R. Robinson. The image of an eighteenth-century wig is surely a pun on Robinson's Whig political alignment. The print must have been produced between 1834, when the major anti-Jacksonian party was christened "Whig," and 1842, when Robinson removed to other premises. Given the prominence of the address on the work, the print may have been used in some way to mark the exterior of the shop. However, it does not appear in a published view of Robinson's storefront: his small, undated business card in the American Antiquarian Society.